[Amps] chip capacitors for HV and Rf [TSPA]

To: amps@contesting.com, conrad@g0ruz.ne
Subject: [Amps] chip capacitors for HV and Rf [TSPA]
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:48:07 -0700
Conrad

Check the following sources. American Technical Ceramics, for the ATC100C series of high power ceramic caps. The 100E go higher in voltage.
http://www.atceramics.com/products/100c.asp

Also, in UK there is the Morgan Electro Ceramics:
http://www.morganelectroceramics.com/rfmlc1.html

AVX also has them:
http://www.avxcorp.com/wsnw_PressReleaseDetail.asp?id=275&s=0

You can find them surplus at Surplus Sales of Nebraska. Bob sells some Murata parts which are equivalent.

All are available through various distributors such as Mouser and Newark in the states.

I have had exceptional luck with the ATC100E as bypasses on the filament connections to 100 kW RF amplifiers, for both 3 and 200 MHz applications at work. Used the stripline versions which have wide flat silver plated ribbons for leads.

73 and happy new year to you,
John
K5PRO