Re[2]: [Amps] 8877 hf amplifier

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re[2]: [Amps] 8877 hf amplifier
From: "Dan" <dpipes@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:46:14 -0700
ok could someone help me again. I took the suggestions above.. wired the shack
for 240 volt.. then switched the plug on the 811H amp and chnaged the wiring
taps for 240 the Ameritron manal says to simple cut off the plug add a 240 plug
and change the trasnformer taps. Could someone please take a look at the page 4
of the manual I have left the connection between the F and E removed between D
& C moved the connection to A to 1 and B to 2 .. looks fine yet when I fire up
the amp it blows the two 8 AMP fuses in line both of them nothign else seems o
happen the HV starts up scale get a few hunderd the the fuses let go. i do not
thikn I have harmed the AMP yet BUT thought i woudl get some expert advise
before I do <g>.. the manual says to replace the 120 volt plug with the 240 and
yet says to make sure the green wire goes to the grd lug of the plug. yet the
other two the white and black going to each of the 120 legs in the 220 line..
(in line coming form the amp is black white and green..

any ideas>>??

thanks
Dan