Re: [Amps] Amplifier reboots computer

To: Dan <dpipes@earthlink.net>, Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier reboots computer
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:14:36 -0800
Dan wrote:

Hal, and others .. again thanks for the info. I do believe I need to run two
more separate circuits to the shack a 220 and 110 line fromt he breaker box.

You a run a 3-wire plus ground circuit and this provides one 240V and two 120V circuits. An electrician can do it correctly for you and it probably won't cost that much.

However in reading the info about inrush currents is this what the Ameritron
ICP-120 )or 240) does?

Yes. But you can do it yourself much more cheaply. I also endorse the circuit on Rich's website that Hal mentions below:

Mr. Rich Measures, AG6K, on his website, SOMIS.ORG, lists a very reliable and
affordable scheme for step-starting that would prevent further mishaps.

-- 73, Vic, K2VCO Fresno CA http://www.qsl.net/k2vco