Re: [Amps] Here's a Shocker

To: jpl15@panix.com, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Here's a Shocker
From: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:33:50 EST

In a message dated 11/15/04 3:22:32 PM Central Standard Time,
jpl15@panix.com writes:

Dennis - check how things are quoted - I wasn't  responding to anything
you wrote.

*** I it looked to me as if I was also quoted in your  response; my error I
guess...

What I responded to was this:

> In a  message dated 11/13/04 9:40:48 AM Central Standard Time,
>  dezrat1242@ispwest.com writes:
>
> Which makes me wonder if  it  wouldn't be good to have our AC power
> lines run at about 1000  Hz or  so.  No more shocks, no more accidental
>  electrocutions.  The  worst that could happen would be a  burn.
> Something to think about,  eh?
>
> I know the  arguments against it - transmission loss being the  most
>  significant - but someday when houses have their own little   nuclear
> generators and are "off the grid" it might be something  to  consider.

Unless you're participating  under two seperate accounts...   ?

***Only a single account. I am Dennis O. and he is Will  Matney.

And the point remains, that someone who believes that  electrocution /
shock hazards will be mitigated by a slight change in  mains frequency
evidences and distression, and potentially deadly, lack of  understanding
of the basic facts of AC theory, and I was moved by a human  concern for
his personal saftey.

BTW- is it  possible for you to share URLs / Links / Citation to this
very useful data  you refer to? It would help perhaps in an understanding
of these  issues.

 ***I'd love to get a copy of it myself, but I'm afraid it was  destroyed
along with the rest of the Western Electric Hawthorne  Works on 22nd and Cicero
in Cicero, Illinois.

 ***I was a very young, (19 years old), Industrial Engineer still  going to
college part time and I was digging through the buildings' data  archives doing
some research on the famous (infamous) Hawthorne Studies  (Experiments) in
Industrial Engineering when I accidently happened across  the detailed notes of
those 'other' more gruesome Hawthorne studies. I  took a quick look, was
grossed out, and went back to my original research,  planning to someday go
back
and read the rest of the data, but I never  did.

Most of which are (basically) covered in the various  question pools for
modern Ham licences, no?

 ***Sorry, but I cannot help you... If I had the information I would  share
it with you and the rest of the world, but I do not have it, cannot  access it,
nor can I prove it ever even existed.

***Regards,

***Dennis O.

Cheers