[Amps] Re: Amps Digest, Vol 17, Issue 26

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re: Amps Digest, Vol 17, Issue 26
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:15:57 -0600
Will refers to Eric Lowdons book, published by Sams.

Another book on transformer design is by the late Reuben Lee, one of Westinghouse's high voltage experts, dated 1947. "Electronic Transformers and Circuits".

I have found info on transformer, choke and saturable reactor design in very old GE Review and other industry pubs like that, in the 1915-1930 era. Check a good university library, or if you happen to be near a National Laboratory....

73
John
K5PRO

 The best reference material I have
found, and what I use, is a book published by Howard Sams named
"Practical Transformer Design". It deals with every aspect of
transformer, autotransformer, and choke design. Why there is not
anything published about transformer design is beyond me but this should
give you a starting point. If anyone else would like, I can send in the
basic formulas for the calculations. I would check with the local
library or electronics supply house carrying Sams publications for the
book. It was published in 1980 but is still obtainable. I hope this
clears up some things about transformer construction.

Will Matney
US Amp