Re: [Amps] grounded-gate power MOSFET

To: avilaseca@bluewin.ch
Subject: Re: [Amps] grounded-gate power MOSFET
From: Tomm Aldridge <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 01:44:54 +0000
Yes, except the 15V supply is established with respect to the source. As I said, I have built the version with a bipolar on the top which was emitter switched by the FET on the bottom of the pair. W/ proportional drive on teh bipolar, it was fast and efficient.

Angel Vilaseca wrote:

You mean something like this?

See schematic attached

73 de Angel Vilaseca HB9SLV

Tomm Aldridge wrote:

I have designed and built cascode hybrids made from a HV bipolar and a
LV IR MOSFET device.  Ther work very well.  No reason a FET - FET should
not work as well or better.  It would be imperative to keep the gate to
source voltage within safe operating limits of course.

Radio WC6W wrote:

On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:23:42 +0200 Angel Vilaseca <avilaseca@bluewin.ch>