Re: [Amps] transformer secondary winding resistance here we go again

To: Chuck_Partain@Maxtor.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] transformer secondary winding resistance here we go again
From: RFlabnotes@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:20:36 EST
Chuck:
       The key to your statement is "...is capable of handling....", whatever
that is supposed to mean. The basic fact is that if the secondary has R ohms
of resistance, then with a load of I amperes it is going to produce, at a
MINIMUM, a heat loss of I-squared-R watts - no black magic or voodoo mixture of
core iron will prevent that. Hence, when comparing two transformers of unknown
design, this single number is a valuable indicator of the overall transformer
efficiency. High resistance implies high loss - plain and simple.

Eric von Valtier K8LV