Re: [Amps] Future availability of 3cx1200a7 and 3cx1500a7

To: Ed Briggs <edbriggs@optonline.net>, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Future availability of 3cx1200a7 and 3cx1500a7
From: rlm <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:07:47 -0700
**** The problem with the 3cx1200A7 (and the 3-1000Z) is that it has roughly 7x as much feedback-C (Anode-cathode C) as an 8877. Although more feedback-C is beneficial in VHF oscillators, it can be a problem in HF amplifier applications. To reduce feedback-C, Eimac came up with the 3cx1200Z7. It has about 1/10 as much feedback C as the ...A7. The cost is c. $20 more than an ...A7, it uses a 6,3v filament, and it requires a better-design socket, so it is not a plug&play substitute..

cheers