[Amps] 4-1000 output

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4-1000 output
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Sun May 25 09:57:46 2003
>Power output with a tank that doesn't resonate?  Not likely.

?  In my experiences, a Pi-network output matching network is not strictly at
the frequency is is working on.  For a Q of 10, resonance seemingly occurs c.
10% lower than the operating frequency.   The reason for this is that a
Pi-network is simply two L-netorks back-to back, so it is more akin to a Z
stepdown transformer than a L/C resonant tank circuit with a pickup link.

>Have you used a GDO to find if the tank is actually resonant in each band?
>(And to find that hopefully the plate RF choke is NOT?)

?  and if the plate/anode choke is resonant, it will promptly send up a smoke
signal.

Rich, AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.vcnet.com/measures