[Amps] reading 8-10kv with a digital multimeter?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] reading 8-10kv with a digital multimeter?
From: w8ron at stratos.net (Ron Trepka)
Date: Fri Mar 14 16:30:08 2003
If you just want to read the voltage, find a 100 Meg Ohm of if possible
, a 90 Meg Ohm resistor to series with your 10 meg ohm meter.  If it is
not 10 meg on the input then you need to adjust the series resistor to 9
times the meter to get 10 to one division where the meter is reading
1/10 of the actual voltage.

Use a powerstat.
Go slowly and be careful.
---