[Amps] SUMMARY of RESPONSES: 4CX1600B vs. GU84B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SUMMARY of RESPONSES: 4CX1600B vs. GU84B
From: jmaass at columbus.rr.com (Jeff Maass)
Date: Sat Mar 8 21:30:02 2003
Thanks to all who replied to my inquiry!

Bottom line is that the 4CX1600B and GU84B are *not* pin compatible.
Sockets are different, more cooling is required for the GU84B, different
filament requirements.

There are some sites turned up by Google that suggest that they are
the same (or at least are compatible): beware!

One source says that Svetlana is (or has) re-started production of the
4CX1600B. Don't know if/when the supply might increase or the
price drop.

And, finally, I was asked if we'd had a 4CX1600B fail, sending me on
my search. The answer is "no": we are just interested in acquiring
a spare to store on-site in Curacao. The Ten Tec Titan II keeps
chugging along well!

Thanks again for the replies!

73,
 Jeff Maass       jmaass@columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
         USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
Maass' IPSC Resources:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/index.html
Circleville USPSA/IPSC: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/pcsiipsc.htm