[Amps] 100 Watt WW resistor Voltages

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 100 Watt WW resistor Voltages
From: yo9fzs at office.deck.ro (Traian)
Date: Tue Feb 4 10:59:19 2003
 The Harris RF-124 PS is using an Ohmite 100 k 100W
(vitreous) ww resistor as bleeder (near 3 kV no load).
Its lenght is about 6" (about 15cm), and its label 270-100M-40.
Also I have tested an 140k 100W (same style), which I am
using it every time I have to test a component/tube for leakage.
No problem with anyone of them (yet...).
The vitreous ww resistor may withstand higher voltages
than the air ones (think also about the influence of the humidity).

73,
Traian