[Amps] Bird thrulines

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Bird thrulines
From: g0ruz@btinternet.com (Conrad G0RUZ)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:33:27 +0100
A friend of mine in LZ has a Bird thruline and a 2500C element. He only has
a 10uA meter movement and wondered if his meter could be scaled to 1) Read
lower power levels due to increased meter sensitivity b) read higher power
levels because the increased meter resistance would lower the current
through the detector diode.

I do not know the answer to this never having dissected a plug in element
and never having burnt one out. I suspect that the normal damage is to the
internal resistor and the diode due to excessive voltage but I am not sure.

One thing I am sure of is that someone on this reflector will know.

Many thanks

Conrad G0RUZ