[Amps] Yaesu FL2100B to 6 Meters?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Yaesu FL2100B to 6 Meters?
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:24:21 -0700
Ron, I don't think anyone could make this work.  Parallel 572B's don't lend
themselves to 50 MHz operation.  I modeled the SB-200 (similar circuit) for
50 MHz and determined the plate tank C would have to be below zero to
achieve a usable Q.  I believe the 572B is rated for "full power" to 30 MHz,
and deteriorates rapidly above that frequency.

With an FL2100B on hand, what I'd do to get on six is trade that amp for
something with a 3-500Z in it, and go from there.  The 3-500Z, and the
4-400A, work very well on six.

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti