[Amps] al-1500 parasitic?? or some other problem?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] al-1500 parasitic?? or some other problem?
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:03:37 -0000
Well, I can now say for sure that it is not the amp.  I have found that
by feeding only the top 6 ele 20m beam and pointing it either due east
or west I can generate the f/2 and 3f/2 products with as little as 45
watts.  The beam heading is not what I was expecting as it puts both the
40m and 15m towers off the ends of the 20m elements.  The low power
needed does really narrow it down to something related to that top
antenna or something very close to it... especially since I can not
generate them with 1500w to a 4 ele 20m beam 45' below it.

I can also say that its not the guy wires as the 17 year old rusty ones
were replaced yesterday.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net