[Amps] CB amps on e-Bay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] CB amps on e-Bay
From: Wlfuqu00@uky.edu (wlfuqu00@uky.edu)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:26:56 -0400
Well, I can tell you why.
1. Using AM and linear amplifier (many times driven to non-linearity)
everyone in the neighbor hood (including children) has the opportunity to
hear profanity and discussions that offends most people over their stereos,
telephones, TV's etc. And to top it off, the public in general does not
know the difference between legal ham operators and these folks. They poop
on more than just their own nest.
2. I described a FT707 modified by one of these guys in a previous e-mail
that that emitted over more than a few KHz of spectrum but MHz.... this
sort of thing produces poop into the ham bands.
73
Bill wa4lav