[AMPS] Blocking Capacitors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blocking Capacitors
From: yo9fzs@office.deck.ro (yo9fzs)
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 16:14:29 +0200
Hello Phil

This is a ceramic (disc with nut/screw contacts?) high voltage capacitor.

"1278" is probably the date of manufacture (dec 1978)
"K15" is the type of the capacitor (ceramic high voltage, as I remember)
"n" is probably the cyrillic/greek letter "pi", so it is a 680 pF value
"60KBAP" mean 60 KVA Reactive power
"15Ka" this is the 15KV nominal voltage (that "a" is not an a, is the russian
"v")
"M1500" is the dielectric/ceramic type/temp factor.

I do not have full data about these russian K15 type capacitors.
Even if they are not the best for power RF (for this purpose the
mica type are better but more expensive), but are the most used for
HF power, including output blocking and power tank circuits as you need.
I saw many of them used at power HF in military equipment.
I used a 10nF/10KV blocking one for a pair of 4-400 at 3500
and it was ok, even it was the pulse type and had lower power rating.
Should be ok for what you need.

73,
Traian