[AMPS] AL1500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL1500
From: Wt8r@aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:07:14 EST
In a message dated 12/5/01 7:43:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, w8ji@akorn.net
writes:

>  As tough as it might be to swallow for some people, tubes are the
>  weakest and most unreliable link in ANY gear.

This is hardly a revelation even to a neophyte like me and it isn't tough to
believe.

>  And if you mistune a PA, or run it without a load or if the load faults
just for a
>  millisecond, something will often arc. We may like to blame
>  everything on the parasitic fairy, but there are multiple causes of
>  failures.

To what might you attribute a big bang when tuning (at resonance) an 8877
linear into a 2500 Watt Bird dummy load ?

>  The parasitic nonsense about damaging switches and tubes has
>  been gone over a thousand times, and those that "believe" are
>  welcome to believe.  After ten or fifteen years of  what amounts to only
>  one person fueling the fires, there is little reason to point out the
>  same clear and proven technical points over and over again.

I'm not so sure that your points are as clear and proven as you claim, but
that is just my opinion......and I wrote my letter to Santa asking for a
Titan amp.

73 de

Dave, WT8R