[AMPS] National 2000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] National 2000
From: Joseph.Piatt@aventis.com (Joseph.Piatt@aventis.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:51:09 -0500
     I have been helping a friend with their NCL2000. The power cord had
been in the same position a very long time, a sharp 90 degree turn, and all
the insulation on the wires had cracked. After moving the amp around on the
bench it continued to work well on low. However, when in the high position
and the plate switch was pressed there was a spark and the plate current
would not come on but it would not blow a fuse or trip the breaker. We found
one of the wires had the insulation burned back to the plug and replaced the
power cord and it appeared all was well. Periodically though he has found
that the plate current does not shut off. This is true when the power or
plate switch is moved to the off position. The only way to get it to shut
off is to unplug the amp and then it works normal for awhile and then
happens again.
    I had this happen to me before on another amp and the AC relay contacts
were stuck. Can anyone tell me if that might be the case with this amp? The
plate switch no longer has a spark like it used to before the power cord was
replaced.
    Just trying to learn my way around the amps. I have enjoyed the safety
conversations and the beer conversations too.

Thanks,
  Joe     KC0EDQ