[AMPS] DJ5RE 2m Amplifier Tuning - Longish

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DJ5RE 2m Amplifier Tuning - Longish
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 09:36:58 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil <PhilHSS@Breathemail.net>
To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 18 May 2001 14:13

>The initial DC conditions are as follows:
>
>2.6Kv Anode Voltage (on load) and 2800V off load
>400mA Anode Current
>300mA Grid Current
>80w input RF
>300w output RF
>150mA Anode Standing Current (giving 80mA of Grid Current with no drive)
I can't claim any experience with GS35, but 80mA grid current at idle seems
very high. The data suggests 30ish. I know grid current isn't set in stone,
but nearly 3x different strikes me as wrong. Low gain and 300mA grid current
for 400mA anode current also seems far too high, suggesting too low an anode
resistance, although that wouldn't affect the dc conditions. I'd be inclined
to check the grid meter and try and find another valve to try.

Steve