[AMPS] metal fabricators for rf decks

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] metal fabricators for rf decks
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 08:52:24 -0700
Precison Metal Fabricators, now Proline Metal Fabricators, is a
favorite vendors for semi-custom chassis kits around here. You put
together whatever size chassis you want, all supplied in nice
Irridite coated aluminum pieces. We  have built very big and heavy
chassis using their parts and a few pieces of cut 1 inch square
aluminum bar stock for extra strength. One holds a 3 kW water cooled
805 MHz solid state amplifier we built, and another holds a 5 kW
ramped filament power supply for a big tetrode amplifier. It has
about 80 lbs of iron in it, and can be lifted by the handles on each
end. You can see it on K7IUVs amplifier photo pages, under my
submission, the "2 x TH555A" power amplifier. Its the
"front_view_fil_ps" photo.
http://www.angenent.org/W7IUV/k5pro/k5pro.htm

Heres the link to PMF:
http://www.gotopmf.com/

I don't know about them building RF decks, but I am sure you could
cut the slots and holes for whatever component layout you needed. You
can also box things up using the PMF pieces. It is difficult to
figure out their kitting from the website, so a telephone call to
their saleperson will help. I think they use Visa card too.

73
K5PRO