[AMPS] Calculating Tuned Input Component Values

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Calculating Tuned Input Component Values
From: ko4nrbs@yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 06:34:23 -0800 (PST)
I am in the midst of trying to determine the correct
values for an old Dentron GLA-1000B tuned input.  The
factory supplied tuned input circuit is not working
with the new tubes I installed (converted to Svetlana
EL-509/6KG6 vs. the orginial 6LQ6).  I am new at this
but eager to learn from the ole pros!!
Question #1-
How do I accurately determine the input impedance of
the new tube circuit?
Question#2-
Can I use this tuned circuit calculator to calculate
the component values?
http://www.cvs1.uklinux.net/calculators/
Question #3
Since the two tuned input capacitors are in series how
do I take the capacitance calculation and come up with
the capacitance for Cin and Cout?
Question#4
Can I use a tuned inductor to fine tune the circuit?
Thanks and 73,
Bill Smith KO4NR