[AMPS] MFJ-259B Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MFJ-259B Question
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:50:33 -0700

>measures wrote:
>
>> I bought an MFJ keyer.  It went
>> belly up.   I opened it up to make repairs.   I was shocked at the shoddy
>> construction.   I placed the pieces in the trash and swore off of MF-Junk
>> for the remainder of my stay on earth.

>At the end of the day the idea is to make money,

Firestone/Bridgestone made lots of money.

>not satisfy those that
>are possibly insatiable: this is easily conformed by looking through the
>pages of QST to see who is advertising. Starkville is THE player in ham
>radio accessories right now. Clearly something is happening there..
>In the meantime some "quality" devices have become unmarketable, with
>the manufacturers going belly up.
>
>One of the big features of Starkville's products is the high level of
>common sense in providing user-demanded useful features, rather than
>defining what the user shall have and amen.

Say what?

>To the typical hobbyist ham, and that is where the market is, the price
>of the toys is more important than perceived quality or performance.

Eimac recommends the use of a glitch resistor.  The AL-1500 (8877)
amplifier has No glitch resistor in the HV + lead.   I pay $1.07 for the
glitch resistors we use in our suppressor retrofit kits.  A glitch
resistor protects the 8877 from gold-sputtering.  /  see autopsied 8877
on my Web site.

end

end