[AMPS] Drake L7: first check

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Drake L7: first check
From: gm3woj@talk21.com (Chris Tran GM3WOJ)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:55:45 +0100
>Well, I have opened the L7 and have mechanically defeated the interlocks
>and removed the plate caps. Then I have powered the L7PS and have set the
>L7 controls in STANDBY and CW and, finally, power switch to ON.   << >>
>Please, feel free to correct me as I am really new in
>power amps!

Hi Jose

I would not recommend this - you are in great danger from the HV
- I have worked with amps. for 30 years and you can only really
work with HV if you follow a rigid set of safety rules - what you
describe above seems too dangerous to start with !
We want you to be on the AMPS reflector for many years !

73
Chris  GM3WOJ
gm3woj@talk21.com