[AMPS] Kaput 8877s from AL-1500 arrive

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Kaput 8877s from AL-1500 arrive
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:51:16 -0700
>Rich,
>
>Can you tell us more about your plan for inspecting these tubes including
>any methods, procedures, and validation of results?  Thanks.

1.  Using a high-pot.  set to 8kV, apply negative to the anode and
positive to the grid.
2.  measure leakage current.
3.  reverse polarity.
4.  If leakage current remains the same with either polarity, there is no
gold-sputtering.
5.  If leakage current is more with + on the anode, loose gold is
indicated and an autopsy is warranted.

cheers, Paul.

end