[AMPS] Logic v. Magic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Logic v. Magic
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 06:38:57 -0700

To: <amps@contesting.com>

To: <amps@contesting.com>
>>>Date: 12 September 2000 07:17
>>>Subject: [AMPS] Logic v. Magic
>>>snip
>>>
>>>I came to that conclusion.
>>>
>>Suppressor Q is directly related to Rp in Wes' measurements.
>
>I think the relationship is well rooted in physics, but Q is a function of L
>as well as R.
>
>>Rp is undoubtedly related to VHF stage gain.
>

>I think it's Rs that really counts,

Rs and Rp are mathematically related.  If you have one, the other can be
derived.  Wes measured Rp, the parallel equivalent of the series circuit
that the suppressor introduces into the anode-resonant circuit.  (for a
discussion of Rp and Rs, see "Calculating Dissipation in Parasitic
Suppressor Resistors", March, 1989, *QST*).

>but the point is that it's the R that
>matters. The Q in the *suppressor* isn't important. The Q in the *system*
>is.

The anode's VHF-resonant depends on the suppressor for Q reducing total
Q.  It seems to me that system Q involves the tank.  The VHF anode
resonance has nothing to do with the tank.

>..

cheers, Steve

end