[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:57:13 -0500
To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:46:20 -0500
>To: "Jim Reid" <kh7m@hsa-kauai.net>amps
>From: Bill Aycock <baycock@HIWAAY.NET>
>Subject: Re: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
>
>Jim- long post, with only a few things I either know about or have an
opinion on-
>see interspersed stuff below
>
>At 06:29 PM 9/12/00 -1000, you wrote:
>>
>>> Autopsies are still dependant on interpretation and
>>> imagination as to causes of damage.
>
>My main reference was to "crispy-critter" switches- they appear to have
had arc damage, but the interpretation of the cause of the arc is up in the
air.

>>Speaking of which,  Rich was to have rcvd some tubes
>>for just that purpose on the weekend.  Did I miss the
>>results while I was out pouting?
>
>I have seen no report- either he didn't get them, or the results were not
in his favor.

>>Rich keeps wanting to know who designed the "origianal"
>>AL-80.  I presume the implication is that Tom did.  So
>>what?
>
>Shows you how interpretations vary- I first saw the question just after
Tom said Rich had never designed a comercial amp- I assumed Rich had been
the designer, and was trying to get Tom to admit an ERROR.

>>I also asked Rich to send me the e-mail to which he keeps
>>referring from sometime in 1996.  All I wanted to read
>>was the ONE post to which he continues to refer where
>>Tom made some great ERROR,  per Rich.
>>
>Rich will rarely post a complete item- he prefers to take things out of
context.  I have had several posts from other readers that had some of
those- they do not support what Rich keeps saying.

>>But,  what I rcvd was enough reading material to last
>>from now into next year sometime -- you wouldn't believe
>>how many e-mails,  and all the headers and indentations
>>as they overran the formats of the various "old" email
>>programs being used in those days,  etc.!  I do not want
>>to read all this same stuff we read to day,  as it was
>>also expressed 4 years ago.  All I wanted was the ONE
>>key problem point to which Rich continually berates
>>at Tom!
>>
>>So, I am no better off than before in my attempt to really
>>understand what Rich continually refers to.  If it is some
>>aura,  spread out across months of back and forth e-mails,
>>that will do me,  at least,  absolutely no benefit.
>>
>>As to the format of the debate today,  Rich ALWAYS includes
>>all the preceding threat re-posts,  or what ever they are called,
>>with usually only a few cryptic words somewhere along the
>>long,  long way,  or right at the very end!!
>
>He thinks being cryptic is cute. If he is ambiguous enough, he can claim
anything, later.

>>That is why this thread on this reflector can become so
>>confounded irritating!!  R-sup vs. Rs vs. Q is/is not important,
>>vs. ............ SO WHAT are your attempting to achieve,  Rich????
>>
>>To completely and absolutely "trash" Tom R. ???  If so,
>>for what possible useful to the world reason?  I guess
>>just for your own ego purpose ......
>
>I think he blaims Tom for having gotten him booted from participating in
the amps write-up for ARRL, or some such thing- His vehemance is
astounding, and bitter enough for it to have been something major.

>>Jim,  KH7M
>>

>Bill- W4BSG

-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill