[AMPS] ssr's in qro amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ssr's in qro amps
From: RMcGraw@blomand.net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:51:32 -0700
Folks, I don't think I'm one of those God-like creatures here on the
reflector.  As to the statement "mistakes happen".  Only in the absence
of lack of knowledge and understanding.  However, accidents happen when
things are not totally under ones control.

Example:  For those folks that run high power amps, the filter caps, in
the absense of a bleeder resistor or worse yet, a failed bleeder
resistor can hold enough charge to kill a person, even after the amp is
turned off, the plug is pulled and then 3 days latter the case is opened
up!  This is not a mistake. The prudent person will check to see that
there is NO voltage present.

Sorry Larry, I can't accept your logic.

Chow for now.

73