[AMPS] s meter calibration

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] s meter calibration
From: K0FF@ARRL.NET (K0FF)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:34:06 -0500
Hey Skip, I'll be glad to stir the pot on S Meters, and their total lack of
consistency between manufacturers. My FT736R is rated at 4 Microvolts for
S-9!.

Speaking of which, I've heard a lot of hams giving reports of S-10, 9 over
10, and "you're in the red numbers". Where are these guys coming from? DO CB
sets have meters with S-10 on them? Way too much of this CB jargon sneaking
into Ham Radio.
George, K0FF