[AMPS] WTB B+ xformer etc

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] WTB B+ xformer etc
From: shane@icu2.net (Shane KI4M/KV4I)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:20:30 +0100
        It would appear that in my hastiness I made a severe typo as well as
mental
thought on the capacitance and as many of you have pointed out 100uF is
indeed to much. I think that I may have found a complete power supply from
someone here on the list that will do 3800V RMS. @1.5A C.C.S. This should be
more than adequate for my needs based on what everyone has said. Also
I will eventually point this at the moon but for present it will only be
used for terrestrial contacts. Plan on using it for contesting and just
casual terrestrial contacts until I get a location for an EME array. Keep
the good responses coming. Also as a dumb question what do most of you use
to "tape" up HV wires that are "spliced" together? Someone here locally is
going to try to splice some and I advised him that I didn't know what he
should use. I know regular electrical tape breaks down at around 600V.
Keep up the good responses guys and help out use young newbies.

73 de
Shane KI4M/KV4I EM95AQ Primary 2M Op for KV4I
Control Op for WD4PVE 146.985- Rptr
mailto:shane@icu2.net
mailto:ki4m@arrl.net
mailto:cbrcrazy@geocities.com