[AMPS] go figure

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] go figure
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 23:50:58 -0500

>For what it's worth,
>
>in the Henry 8KU,  which is used in pretty continuous duty
>in several "3rd" world   SW BC stations,  the plate block
>is done with a 1000pf, 7.5kV, ceramic unit. Per the 8K
>manual, the part is an HEC 50v102MA part number.
>Same capacitor is used at the same spot in the 3K Ultra.
>Don't know the current rating,  maybe disguised somehow
>in the part number.

The rating on the HH58V102MA is 1.2 amps@1mhz; 3.8amps@
10mhz; and 5.6amps@30mhz.

However, my Henry 8K Ultra manual, revision D, shows that
eight of these units are used in series/parallel as the plate
blocking cap, which gives you  2000 pf total. Perhaps they
have cut down to only one cap in later production runs, but it is doubtful,
since the  RF current through the cap is close to 8 amps on 10 meters.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC