[AMPS] Winding chokes...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Winding chokes...
From: zeitler@ibm.net (zeitler@ibm.net)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:27:45 -0800
Since I have little patience for silly stuff, eg, trying to wind my own
plate choke when new ones are available so cheap, I tend to go with the less
painful route. Do yourselves a favor and check out the RF-3 at RF Parts Co.
in San Marcos. It is the same one (reportedly) used by Ameritron in many of
their current amps.

-- 225 uH
-- 4,000 volts
-- 1,000 mills
-- 160-10 meters including WARC

I just ordered one a few weeks ago I and I think price including shipping
was less than $27.00.

This certainly does not mean that this particular choke will work well with
your amp design. This one is being used in a much modified HA-10 Warrior
that will have Rich's MOST OUTSTANDING QSK circuit, 160 meters, and four
fresh 572Bs vice 811As (yuk).

I have wound numerous plate chokes in the past but I personally prefer to
buy them already made. It is hard to wind a choke from start to finish in
less than an hour. I think the RF-3 is a great deal.

See ya'

Lane Zeitler
Kilo Mexico Three Germany (since 1982)
John 3:3 <><