[AMPS] Yaesu/Sommerkamp FL-2000B, Improvements/mods?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Yaesu/Sommerkamp FL-2000B, Improvements/mods?
From: pfrenning@idc.com (pfrenning@idc.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 14:10:42 +0200
Hi Group,

My ever patient and benevolent Elmer has equipped me with an FL-2000B which I am
free to use for as long as I want!
Only if I ever want to part with it, do I have to give it back.

It has 2 brand new Svetlana 572Bs, and a tendency to present a high SWR to the
exiter (Tentec Paragon)
It also happily blows the parasitic suppressor resistors at the grid!

When it works, it happily produces around 6-800 Watts into any reasonable load,
which I think is a very good output for the price!

Now to the questions:

Is there any way of improving the input matching circuit, to better reflect the
needs of today's transistor based radios?
Can the suppression be made more resilient, without loosing its effectiveness?

Any other tips, mods and/or operating hints are of cause very welcome. I have
very little experience with and knowledge of amplifiers.

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

Peter Frenning, Program Director.
European Internet Team
IDC Scandinavia