[AMPS] Henry 3K-A info??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 3K-A info??
From: litwins@badsector.com (Litwins)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 18:29:42 GMT
Hello all--I'm new to this particular reflector.  Don't see much traffic
posted about amps so I thought I'd crank up some activity.
I have an OLD Henry 3K-A 3-500Z brute.  This is a pretty old type amp
and I was wondering if there are any other owners out there.  Also
anybody know of any articles in mags or otherwise written about the amp?
 Also, any material from the manufacturer?  All I have is the orig.
manual that came with it when I bought it used.  It's been in service
for about 15 yrs and still cranks out 600-1200 watts PEP and manages to
fer me thru the pileups (sometimes).  I drive it with an equally OLD
Yaseu FT-101ZD.  I'm planning on getting a 1000-mp in the near future
and wondering if the mp will drive the amp better or worse than the zd.
Anybody have any experience on this?  Are there any mods that anybody
knows about?  Thanks in advance for any replies!
73-dx
steve, k8wk
crestview, fl