[AMPS] Calculating input vs output

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Calculating input vs output
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:43:59 -0700
Hi Al,

What you're asking here is the efficiency of a particular amp.
Generally, commercial multiband amps for HF tend to be between 50-75%
efficient (more on 160/80/40M, less on 10/15M).
Yes the efficiency changes for all the reasons you mentioned. Especially as
you get closer to linear the efficiency goes down and as you get to class C
it is more efficient. Class C would be useable only for CW.
The SB200 was a very popular amp and delivered 500-600 watts output CW for
low cost.

73, Dan Magro
Radiodan W7RF, Portable Clinic
High quality Henry Radio RF Power Amplifiers for LESS!
New, used, unusual, classic radios, accys & RF POWER!
http://www.radiodan.com    RFpower@radiodan.com
A trip to our web site is worth the click!