[AMPS] Re: Winding toroids for tank circuits

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Winding toroids for tank circuits
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:29:12 EDT
On Sat, 18 Apr 1998 08:19:41 -0700 "K. D. Balmforth N6ER"
<kdbalmforth@ibm.net> writes:
>Hi -
>
>I'm in the process of winding a stack of T200-2 cores for the 160m
>section of a tank coil (2 x 3CX800A7s).  The literature suggests using
>#10 or #12  tinned bus wire inside teflon tubing.  Do you have any
>idea
>where one would look for such tubing?  Electrical supply houses around
>here give me a blank stare when I ask for it...
>
>73,
>
>Kevin N6ER

That tubing is also fragile and easily kinks. I prefer to wind the
toroids first with Scotch #27 fiberglass tape and then wind with #12
stranded, silver plated and 5KV teflon jacketed cable. Makes for a neater
job and you can better form the windings.

73  Carl   KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]