[AMPS] testing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] testing
From: Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:09:10 -0000
Rich says:-

>-  If the anode supply voltage exceeds 12kV, it's a good idea to get
>behind a lead shield whenever anode current is flowing.

Amen to that, although on my Radiation Hazards course they said 10 to
15Kv. That in no way diminishes the warning that Rich makes, and anyone
really going QRO ought to take it into consideration. Having said that,
it's unusal to see a lot of X radiation at the 10-12Kv level, but why
take chances? Especially with the nasty effects of X rays.

73

Peter G3RZP