[AMPS] Re: de-toxified dihydrogen monoxide

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: de-toxified dihydrogen monoxide
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 08:29:18 +0008

hi all,

> Peter...in the Colonies it's imbibed cold and in the Mother Country at room
> temperature.  In California they add ice.  73

i hate to start a quarrel on this normally calm reflector, but as a
native californian, i'd like to squelch this rumor ASAP.  like others
in the colonies, we like it cold, but we *don't* add ice to the drink
itself!  it's used packed around the vitreous or metallic containers
of the zymurgically-detoxified dihydrogen monoxide,
in order to keep the temperature below that which would result in
spontaneous decomposition.  this is necessary because of the warm,
sunny climate which persists even through the winter months.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT