[AMPS] Linear with 4CX800A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Linear with 4CX800A
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 19:36:36 +0100
Tom wrote:

>Is there a lot of interest in a detailed article that describes WHY
>certain parts are chosen? If so, what tubes and configuration would
>be the most popular?
>
>Perhaps Ian could suggest something from overseas, he is a very
>thoughtful person when it comes to good designs and a technical
>editor.

I should think there would be enormous interest!

Having just written an article that tries to go into that depth of
detail for just one part of an amplifier - the screen supply - I've
learned just how long such an article could grow to be. It could be
expected to run for several issues of whatever magazine took it on, and
it would need very careful organization into reasonably self-contained
parts.

The other important point is to get thorough peer review of the drafts
and also DEMAND rigorous technical editing from the magazine. I've found
that the best way is to arrange the peer review for oneself, rather than
rely entirely on the magazine. The good news of course is that e-mail
shortens the whole process dramatically.

Still, it's no small task.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek