[AMPS] Tokyo Hy-Power HL-2K

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tokyo Hy-Power HL-2K
From: yc0low@ibm.net (Jo,yc0low)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 08:17:37 +0700
Weeks ago I posted enquiry about Tokyo Hy-Power HL-2K. Many thanks to those
responded so far. I received three direct e-mail messages (which all have
been replied directly). The summary hilites are:

   * CQ Magazine reviewed the amp in mid-80's (from Gene, K7DBV and Jim,
KF4HK)
   * Amps with 4CX-250B were imported briefly to the USA, then dropped
(Jim,           KF4HK)
   * "...used 2 HL-2K amplifiers but had several pbs with it. The main
rotactor                  flashed 2 times. The tubes were dying too fast
even if rated at 1 Kw."                 (Chris, F5PGP).

I haven't searched the product review, yet. And, until today, I have
different experience with Chris' in using my amp. It works okay. Hpe it'll
continue as it is. Again, thanks and 73.

Jo, YC0LOW.
P.O. Box 147/CNR, Cinere 16514, Indonesia.
                  mailto:yc0low@ibm.net  mailto:yc0low@qsl.net