[AMPS] QROKING saga

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] QROKING saga
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 18:40:12 EST
On Fri, 04 Apr 1997 00:15:17 -0800 Hakan Ericsson <sm3lbn@swipnet.se>
writes:

>Now about fun db's.
>Why is most of the debate focused on the good use of an extra db at
>the
>noise floor ? or 160m? or moonbounce?
>Most of us (with some exceptions) understand this.
>The most fun extra db's are does you use running over your friends or
>compeditors in a nice hot, steamy crowded pileup!
>That's the payback for all those hours of "hard" work making the amp
>the
>weapon for the jungle. If this fun db's are coming out from a tetrod
>with handles it's more than fun. Its a pleasure.
>
>73's Hakan

I love FUN dB's Hakan

The only problem is that when everybody on the frequency (typical USA 10
KW roundtable on 75M) is a Gazillion dB over S9 ...who cares. I get a
kick from listening to the same Bozo's, every night, trying to
out-bullshit each other with signal reports.
At that time of the evening most of them are too shitfaced to be able to
hear much of anything anyway. (the sensitive types please hit delete NOW
and go to bed)

If you really want to enjoy tubes with handles you need at least 3 of
them. A big one in the RF deck and a pair of smaller ones as modulators.
Two of each is preferred for asthetic reasons. Just hearing that
"KERCHUNK"   when the other station ( A serious AM station)  hits "THE
SWITCH" is almost enough to generate an orgasm.

This should generate some spirited discussion....

73....Carl  KM1H    (The AM amp is two 4-1000A's modulated by a pair of
the same and driven by a Viking 2)