[AMPS] Alpha 374

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 374
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 97 08:50:07 -0800

A one band only problem is usually due to a burned bandswitch contact,
Chuck.  A photograph of a burned bandswitch that was removed from an
Alpha 3-holer can be viewed on my website at:
  http://www.vcnet.com/measures
see Figure 15.
 If your bandswitch is burned, you can determine what the most probable
cause was.  Unsolder one end of each VHF suppressor R  (Rs).  Measure the
resistance.  If the highest suppressor resistance is at least 50% higher
than what it should be, odds are that VHF energy damaged the resistor.
In other words, it might be a good idea to decrease the VHF voltage
amplification of the 8874s.

R. L. Measures,ag6k,805-386-3734