3830

[3830] HiQP KH6LC M/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kh6lc@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] HiQP KH6LC M/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 03:30:09 +0000
                    Hawaii QSO Party - 2022

Call: KH6LC
Operator(s): KH6LC NH6V KH6AQ KH6KB
Station: KH6LC

Class: M/M LP
QTH: HIL
Operating Time (hrs): 16+

  160:    0     0       0
   80:    7     0       0
   40:  179     0       0
   20:  137     0       0
   15:   72     0       0
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  395     0       0      65  Total Score = 77,025

Club:

Comments:

This year we all decided we'd operate the HQP from a portable camping location.
 Rob, Dave, Ken and myself pooled our resources and drove 25 miles north of Hilo
to the beautiful Laupahoehoe Beach Park.   We setup camp right at the water's
edge with bathrooms and a shower nearby.  We had two stations, laptops, a 40'
vertical with 4 elevated radials and a combination 20-15 meter vertical.  As you
know, conditions were less than stellar and we all took turns CQing with few
takers.  CQ REPEAT is a wonderful feature.  It was a perfect weekend for camping
with a warm evening, clear skies and little wind.  Seeing our antennas, we had
many visitors which gave us the opportunity to chat about ham radio.  Many were
surprised to learn we were using CW exclusively.  A friend came by with food and
goodies.  Besides operating, we helped search for a lost kitten.  In the main
building, a family celebrated their spry Grandma's 90th birthday.  I had to ask
who there was the birthday girl.  All total, we worked 40 states,4 KH6,4 VEs and
17 DX including EU, SA and JA.  Many thanks for your contacts, many of which
were a struggle.
                             Vy 73 and Aloha,
               Lloyd KH6LC, Rob NH6V, Dave KH6AQ, Ken KH6KB
                              www.KH6LC.com