3830

[3830] KsQP N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 20:50:10 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 8.4

   80:    2
   40:   40      7
   20:   80     72
   15:    5
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  127     79      0  Mults = 72  Total Score = 38,404

Club:

Comments:

It was a recalibration year, and I had a computer failure at 1502Z Saturday
after a slow start of about 45 QSO's. Right now, I am not sure those QSO's can
be reported, but Bob, W0BH has promised to send me a recovery program. It took
an hour to load N1MM+ on my new laptop and barely be ready for OQP at 16Z.

I did make a few KQP QSO's on Saturday after 16Z, but I was working the Ohio QP
which went pretty well with lots of mults and several mobiles active. I then
planned on being a serious Sunday only competitor as did N6MU. Most of the QSO's
on 40, and all on 80 were from Saturday as were about 20 mults not worked again
Sunday, but I am not going to try and break it down to Sunday only, the log
checking will do that.

Activity both mobile and fixed seemed down from usual at the start Saturday and
Sunday as well. We seemed to have 2 solar flares Sunday most most serious of
which was from 1615-1645Z which almost closed 20M for at least 15 minutes
(mobiles wiped out) and again at 1830Z. The solar flux from Sunday measurement
was an incredibly high 253! That value is seldom that high at cycle peaks and
was possibly inaccurately measured during the flare. 15M was open some Sunday,
but very few ops tried; I was expecting better prop on 15. Several less
experienced KS CW ops were really struggling to work people even when they were
quite loud. It was a slow day, barely more QSO's than last year as I recall when
I had worked KQP all day Saturday and had few Q's left to make with the fixed
ops. Signals on 20 most of the day were loud despite the flares especially
1440-1615Z.  40 was pretty useless after the first hour. Bob, W0BH (K0S),
Con/Pam the K5CM/N5KW team (K0A/K0O), and N0W were on all day doing their usual
great job of running stations as well as others: N0F, K0I, W0W, and W0I. Drew,
W0K had a great QRP signal.

Thanks for the calls (did run a few) and the QSO's. Hopefully, the mobiles will
be more plentiful next year along with some 15M action.