3830

[3830] WWDigi NN7SS(K6UFO) SOSB15 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WWDigi NN7SS(K6UFO) SOSB15 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 03:43:27 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2022

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOSB15 QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  79     26
   10:
-------------------
Total:  79     26  Total Score = 4,602

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My second callsign and operation in the contest. The North American
Record for SO QRP 15m was only 8 QSOs! Even I could beat that.
I configured my SO2R system for K6UFO on 10m and NN7SS on 15m.
I was somewhat limited in changing even/odd cycles by the SO2R
lockout, having to change both bands.

Aargh! Several times the software wouldn't keep my callsign
separate on 15m and reverted to K6UFO. I wasted at least an
hour of QSOs throughout the contest when I didn't notice quick
enough. Also the identification of Mults got messed up, probably
due to the same problem, so I wasn't able to see Mults well.

Operating from WA is not ideal for 10m or 15m. 10m managed 16 QSOs
in 7 hrs. 15m lasted longer and better with 79 QSOs in 9 hrs.
I worked anybody who could hear my QRP signals. I chased hundreds
of JAs and YBs with only a dozen successes. Don't ask about the
"rate." In the end, I beat my targets of "any" Qs on 10m and

"more than 8" Qs on 15m - but I don't think I'm winning any
plaques!

NN7SS (K6UFO)

15m: GXP 3-el at 72ft
Flexradio 6600 at 5 watts