3830

[3830] NAQP SSB N7MZW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N7MZW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 00:29:24 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WY
Operating Time (hrs): 7.75

  160:    0     0
   80:   11     8
   40:  299    50
   20:  285    48
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  595   102  Total Score = 60,690

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM Wolf Creek Pass

Comments:

Portable operation from 8,100 feet elevation in Medicine Bow National Forest in
Albany County, Wyoming using a Icom IC-7300, Heil Pro Micro Headset, and a
ZS6BKW flat top up 45 feet running N-S. I had some great runs on 40 and 20, but
Murphy slapped me hard, with a Windows 10 update during a nice pile up, followed
by a total lockup of my Icom 7300 screen, possibly due to a voltage issue while
starting my vehicle. Lost over two hours doing a reset on the rig. I used
rechargeable LED Headlamps in order to see my Dell Laptop keyboard. The A.C. in
my 2001 Outback went out, so the LED headlamps attracted every moth in the
county every time I opened my door or windows. Thanks to Ken, W0ETT for setting
up our GMCC teams. It was a challenging but fun event as always, and I hope to
return again for the Jan SSB NAQP. Thanks to all that worked me!
November Seven Many Zebras Walking