3830

[3830] 50FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 50FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 23:51:10 +0000
                    50 MHz Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

The CoROVERolla remains 'analog only' so these 20 QSOs and 11 Multipliers were
accomplished all on SSB. Contacts were all 'local', the farthest being one QSO
to a station up in Wisconsin. Where was EN61? (I gave EN61 to several stations
that I worked but didn't get the multiplier myself.)

I thought I heard a couple of 4-land stations chatting on 50.125 (Sporadic E?)
but couldn't get their attention and did not get their calls.

Only 7 different calls in my log so BIG THANKS to the 4 stations that were
willing to follow me as I moved through all four of the Grids to complete
contacts from each Grid - K9YR, KC9HFV, KO9A and N9UVI. Thanks also to N8NIX for
2 QSOs and to KC9GPY and K9KHW for 1 QSO each.

Is it time for an "Analog Only" subcategory in the Sprints as have
been implemented in the trio of ARRL VHF Contests? Or is the 5 kHz from 50.312
to 50.317 MHz all that is needed now for the 50 MHz band?

Thanks to all who were on, to SVHFS for their continued sponsorship of the Fall
VHF & Up Sprint series and to Bruce, NT4RT, for doing all the busy work to
keep them going.

73, JK