3830

[3830] WAE CW OE1CIW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oe1ciw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW OE1CIW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:44:03 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: OE1CIW
Operator(s): OE1CIW
Station: OE1CIW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JN88EE
Operating Time (hrs): 31:47

   80:    8     0     6
   40:   80    87    28
   20:   55   202    28
   15:   52    60    28
   10:   12    30    10
-------------------------
Total:  207   379   237  Total Score = 140,640

Club:

Comments:

2022 WAE DX Contest CW - SO AB LP
OE1CIW - TIME ON 31:47 hrs

Wow! What a great contest with good band conditions most of the time! QRV with
wires only in the attic of the house, K3 with 100 watts output. I´m pretty sure
the score would be a lot more with "real" antennas!

Since 2020 i really LOVE QTC´s and after some practice with LCWO i´m able to
write them directly and LIVE into my computer. It took some time to be able to
have these special skills but now it really works great! No senseless time
anymore for using mess of paper 🙂

Since WAE has been started i had some RX issues on 40 m because unintentionally
i pressed the RX ANT button of my K3 and so just signals of the big guns i could
still receive - it took a while until i realized my fault ... but this year was
my best WAE score so far anyway!

Since years i had problems with RFI into my notebook so especially on 80 and 10
m i had issues with MP3 recording and sometimes the given frequency changed to
any other band in my log ... things like that drove me crazy! After this problem
came again i got the idea to change the two used USB ports of the notebook - and
THAT WORKED REALLY GREAT!

Since i have ever used this notebook i was using the USB 3.0 port for the cable
to the K3 for keying and for getting the used frequency to the DXLog contest
software. To get my RX audio i was using my SignaLink USB Interface with a cable
to the other USB 2.0 port.

So NOW i´m using the USB 3.0 port to get the audio signal and the USB 2.0 port
to drive the K3 - no RFI´s anymore on all bands from 80-10 m - so i´m really
happy now 🙂

It was not an easy decision which band to use during the night hours because 40
m is always a good choice actually but 20 m was also open this time and also 80
m is always quite interesting to get some DX contacts too - even with my poor
wire in the attic.

Here are some of my highlights during WAE:

80 m: UN9L Kazakhstan, R8TT Asiatic Russia, CT9ABV, CR3DX Madeira Island, P3X
Cyprus, VY2ZM Canada, W1KM, K1LZ from USA

40 m: FY5KE French Guiana, PY4BZ Brazil, D4L Cape Verde, KP2M US Virgin Islands,
ZM4T New Zealand, A60A United Arabic Emirates, ZM1A New Zealand, JH4RHF Japan,
HZ1TT Saudi Arabia, EA8ZS Canary Islands, 6 stations from Canada, 54 stations
from USA

20 m: KP2M US Virgin Islands, HZ7C Saudi Arabia, A60A United Arabic Emirates,
EG8HKT Canary Islands, 4K6FO Azerbaijan, FY5KE French Guiana, E2WRTC Thailand,
VK2GR, VK6T Australia, ZM1A New Zealand, JH1GEX Japan, 3 stations from Canada,
19 stations from USA

15 m: A60A United Arabic Emirates, JH1GEX, JH4RHF, JH4UTP, JR2SCJ Japan, VY2ZM,
VE9AA Canada, D4L Cape Verde, FY5KE French Guiana, E21YDP Thailand, PY2KJ
Brazil, EG8HKT Canary Islands, 4K6FO Azerbaijan, YB2HAF Indonesia, 14 stations
from USA

10 m: A60A United Arabic Emirates, HZ7C Saudi Arabia, EA8ZS, EG8HKT Canary
Islands, D4L Cape Verde, CX2AQ Uruguay, PV2K Brazil, LW2DOD Argentina

Thanks for every station in my log and for many, many QTC´s and sorry if
sometimes it didn´t work properly ... mostly because of QRM from other stations
and only few stations because of QSB 🙂

Sorry to P3X ... i lost most of your QTC´s to my own fault!

Cuagn soon in the next contest - CW4EVER
73 de Michael OE1CIW