3830

[3830] WAE CW VK1A(VK2IA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2ia@vkcc.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW VK1A(VK2IA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 02:08:19 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VK1A
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Queensland
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:    2     0     2
   40:  207    80    31
   20:  499   452    44
   15:  214   284    31
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  922   816   251  Total Score = 436,238

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

WAE CW was my first contest after a lengthy stay overseas earlier in the year.
However, my main focus during last weekend had to be station repair and
maintenance. Unfortunately, we had experienced a fair bit of storm damage over
the last few months incl a broken 40m yagi which normally is our top performer
(besides the 15m yagi).

I started the contest with no big expectations, assuming a (forced) focus on 15m
and 20m only. 80m is a bit of a write off here at the moment anyway. After we
managed to repair the 40m driven element on Sunday, I thought I give it a go for
the reminder of the contest and see how far it takes me.

The "rotary dipole" on 40m performed better than expected and all of a
sudden I found myself switching into "competition mode" and pushing
ahead. I am so glad I did ;-)

Enjoyed all QSOs as well as the QTCs (yes, it is sooo easy for us outside EU to
only push a few buttons to send them!) although I had around 100 QTCs left at
the end for which I couldn't find any takers.

Thank you Europe for your ongoing interest in the land Down Under ;-)!!

RIG: K3 + Amp
     4 ele Yagi @ 17m      [15m]
     Rotary Dipole @ 18m   [20m]
     Rotary Dipole @ 14m   [40m]