3830

[3830] WAE CW NO9E Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW NO9E Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 00:50:24 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NO9E
Operator(s): NO9E
Station: NO9E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Athens, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80:   24     0    40
   40:  136   134    87
   20:  326   362    72
   15:  369   340    64
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  855   850   263  Total Score = 443,944

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

A bit slow contest this year due to so so propagation:
10m never really opened, 80m was poor, and 20m was never great.
40m came alive during the last hr of the contest.

Less participation probably due to the war.

Running Flex 6600, Expert 1.3k, JK Mid Tri 40 at 100', JK Mid Tri at 60,
4sq on 80. Also 7 beverages.
It all ran fine except that the radio was getting stuck in transmit a few times.
Not sure a Flex or N1MM problem.

I tried CW DECODER to help with calls/numbers, and it did pretty well. But it
was a resource hog, using 45% of CPU, and that was messing up the CW Skimmer.

I hoped to run SO2R and bought PG XL amp, TG XL tuner, 4O3A 8x2 switch,
triplexer and bandpass filters. But the 8x2 switch only shipped last Friday.

Since my Expert was making only 1.2 KW, I tried PG XL hoping for 1.5KW+. But it
made a max of 1.2KW  and after a minute it sounded like a jet.